You just can’t beat a good soup this time of the year! Golden Turmeric Carrot Soup is a delightful combination of flavors. The sweetness of the carrots is nicely balanced by the the pungent taste of the spices and to top it all this soup is also packed with nutrition.
- 3 Carrots
- 1 white Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 inch piece of fresh Ginger finely grated
- 2 tsp Earth Signature High Grade Turmeric Blend
- 4 cups (950ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Canned Coconut Milk (for topping)
- Black Sesame Seeds (for topping)
1. Dice the onion and carrot into small chunks (no need to be precise as everything will be blended at the end), and grate the ginger and turmeric finely.
2. Heat a small amount of olive oil in the bottom of a large stock pot and saute the onion for 3 minutes until translucent, then add the minced garlic, turmeric and ginger and saute for another 1 minute.
3. Next, add the diced carrot and saute for another 2 minutes. Then add the vegetable stock and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the carrot is cooked through and soft.
4. Use a stick blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth, or transfer into a standing blender and blend. Stir in the lemon juice, then serve with a swirl of coconut milk and some black sesame seeds.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 minutes||30 minutes||45 minutes||4|